Senior Transportation Electrification Analyst - PUBLIC UTILITIES REGULATORY ANALYST V
California Public Utilities Commission
Location: San Francisco, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: $8,814.00 - $11,031.00
4 Year Degree
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: JC-359341
Would you like to contribute to achieving the state’s ambitious and internationally recognized clean energy and environmental goals? Established in 1911, the California Public Utilities Commission is leading California’s efforts to achieve reliable, safe, and affordable service, while meeting the California's ambitious climate goals.
As the State agency that regulates electric utilities, the California Public Utilities Commission plays a critical role in achieving the State's goals of all new cars and passenger trucks sold in California by 2035 be zero-emission vehicles.
In late 2022, the CPUC adopted a long-term transportation electrification policy framework. This framework establishes funding for a new, independent entity to administer rebates to support charging infrastructure across the state, conduct marketing and education and provide technical assistance. This framework also establishes policies and direction to ensure equity communities benefit from these resources, develop vehicle-to-grid integration technologies and programs, promote energy load management, engage stakeholders, and specific funding for technical research and evaluation.
We are looking for a senior analyst with strong project management and communication skills to lead a team of analysts and work closely with fellow senior analysts in the implementation of the new transportation electrification policy framework. We seek an individual that performs well
in team environments, is flexible, creative and is not afraid of applying judgment and critical thinking to identifying solutions to challenging problems.
If energy or environmental sustainability is your passion, and you endeavor to contribute to California’s clean energy future by taking on challenging issues such as ensuring equitable access to charging infrastructure, vehicle-to-grid integration and load management, oversight and evaluation of ratepayer funded programs, we encourage you to apply for our positions.
Under general direction from the supervisor and other decision makers, the senior analyst will:
- Lead the Transportation Electrification Section in the development of work products that are used to advise and assist high-level decision-makers such as Commissioners, Judges, and Energy Division management.
- Manage development and analysis and make recommendations regarding the CPUC’s policy-setting rulemakings via a wide range of work products, review and provide feedback on proposed legislative bills, and/or oversee implementation of programs that result from these CPUC and legislative processes.
- Recommend improvements based on lessons learned from past and existing programs and ongoing implementation of the newly adopted third-party rebate programs.
- Support the CPUC in assessing the need and focus of continued ratepayer support for charging infrastructure based on research and market needs.
- Verify compliance with ratemaking proceedings, CPUC rules and policies, review and analyze advice letters, and prepare appropriate dispositions.
- Lead workshops, meet and collaborate with utilities and other stakeholders.
- Perform other work as necessary, such as writing and presenting reports, coordinating with other California organizations and agencies (e.g., the California Energy Commission, the California Air Resources Board, California Independent System Operator), management of consulting contracts, and responding to general inquiries.