All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part Time Days, 24 hours per week
Shift: 12 hour and 8 hour shift options
Location: 9100 West 74th Street, Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Patient Assistant is a non-licensed support person who functions as a member of the Patient Care Team. Responsible for transporting patients via bed/cart/wheelchair to and from designated departments under direction of a supervisor. The Capacity Management application will be used to electronically track, manage, and prioritize transportation workflow.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Assists patients in/out of wheelchairs/beds/carts utilizing appropriate assistive devices.
- Transports patients to/from the designated area of the hospital.
- Works in a fast-paced environment.
- Uses excellent customer service skills in all interactions.
- Follows universal precautions guidelines and wears appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Communicates necessary information to care team members and follows HIPAA guidelines.
- Participates in training of new transporters.
- Professional appearance according to dress code standards.
- Uses iPod to receive and accept transport requests from Capacity Management