Post-Doctoral Associate in the Division of Engineering (Transportation Infrastructure Management Lab) - Dr. Samer Madanat
New York University
Location: Abu Dhabi
Internal Number: 135421
NYUAD is searching for a Post-Doctoral Associate to join the Transportation Infrastructure Management Lab (TIML), led by Prof. Samer Madanat. In particular, TIML seeks to welcome an enthusiastic and self-motivated scholar interested in the design and development of computationally efficient, data-driven methods for optimal planning and maintenance of highway infrastructure. The candidate must have a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science or related field and is expected to have a strong background and prior expertise in Deep Learning as well as Transportation Infrastructure in order to pursue multidisciplinary research at the intersection of these two realms.
● Understanding of transportation infrastructure systems maintenance and planning problems
● Advanced knowledge of methods of optimization under uncertainty, including Markov Decision Problems. Familiarity with MDP extensions (POMDP, Adaptive MDP, Approximate MDP) is an added advantage.
● Demonstrated research track record (with first author peer-reviewed publications ) in the areas of Machine Learning and Transportation Infrastructure.
● Solid experience and understanding of Deep Learning techniques.
● Expertise in advanced data analysis and interpretation techniques, including data pre-processing and preparation for machine learning models as well as experience in dealing with large datasets .
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment, as well as independence and initiative.
To apply, please submit the following through Interfolio:
1. A cover letter 2. An up to date CV, including past experience as a Postdoctoral Researcher 3. A list of publications in refereed journals and refereed conference proceedings 4. The names and contact information of 3 references 5. Up to three previous publications in pdf format
Review of applications will take place on a rolling basis, and a small number of finalists will be interviewed online using Zoom.
The terms of employment are very competitive and include housing allowance, transportation allowance, and educational subsidies for children. If you have any queries, please get in touch with Dr. Samer Madanat email@example.com
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU's global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
Founded in 1831, New York University is now one of the largest private universities in the United States. Of the more than 3,000 colleges and universities in America, New York University is one of only 60 member institutions of the distinguished Association of American Universities.