Location: Portland, Oregon
Ranked the No. 1 Hospital in Oregon by the U.S. News & World Report, we pride ourselves in not only serving our community with the highest of accolades, but pushing a multifaceted mission that strives of excellence within the OHSU Culture. Find out more here: https://www.ohsu.edu/about/ohsu-vision-mission-and-values and https://youtu.be/6C-lws1q5cY
OHSU is hiring! We offer a variety of benefits on top of joining a thriving organization:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage at low or no cost to employees
- Covered 100% for full-time employees and 88% for dependents
- Several retirement plans to choose from! - Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan and University Pension Plan, voluntary savings plans (403b and 457b)
- Up to 200 hours (equal to 25 full days) a year of paid time off
- 96 hours of sick leave a year (prorated for part-time employees)
- Commuter subsidies
- Tuition reimbursement
- Access to group life insurance, disability insurance and other supplemental benefits
- Annual Raises
- Employee discounts to local and major businesses
- Growth/Development Opportunities
We want you, apply and work with us today! https://www.ohsu.edu/
The Transporter 1 position is part of a highly productive, flexible team capable of collaborating with other work units to provide our customers with an outstanding environment in which to work. This position is responsible to provide transportation and delivery services for the Custodial Services and Waste Services departments: the timely and efficient transport of equipment, supplies, trash, recycling, etc. This position requires the safe operation of OHSU supplied motor vehicles and other industry related equipment to provide these services. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers of the OHSU community.
Function/Duties of Position
Material Transportation and Delivery
Transports materials throughout the OHSU campuses and Greater Portland Metropolitan Area on a largely pre-set, scheduled route. Follows all Federal, State, and Local laws in regard to motor vehicle operation and safety. Adheres to all departmental, parking, and safety policies and procedures in the operation of motor vehicles. Commonly transported materials include: custodial supplies, OHSU generated waste, custodial equipment, waste containers.
Properly operates OHSU owned and leased vehicles, in accordance with all Federal, State, and local laws, as well as departmental policy and procedure. Completes daily vehicle inspections and documents as necessary. Reports any discrepancies to appropriate coordinator or management team member. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the interior and exterior of vehicles operated. May be asked to install snow chains during inclement weather events.
Provide recycling services to OHSU community. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Placement and collection of recycling containers throughout interior and exterior of buildings.
- Accurately and safely sort recyclables into appropriate containers. Maintain cleanliness of sorting area.
- Safely shred and bale recycled items.
- Following HIPPA regulations.
Provide support to other work units. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in custodial duties as assigned, including water clean-up, stocking of supplies such as soap, toilet paper, paper towels and seat covers in restrooms, etc.
- Sweep or shovel snow from steps and walks at building entrances and connecting walks.
- Perform minor building maintenance under supervision as needed.
- Report security issues to the Department of Public Safety
- Perform duties according to the safety guidelines as determined by OSHA and the OHSU Custodial Services department.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Six months of professional driving experience using vehicles such as sedans, vans, and box trucks.
- General computer usage and beginning skills using MS Office. Basic mathematical skills. Ability to lift up to 65 lbs. without the use of a mechanical device, occasionally lift and move equipment weighing in excess of 100 lbs. with assistance. Ability to lift 60 lb hand truck from ground level into vehicle repetitively throughout work shift.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, work efficiently without direct supervision, and possess effective time management skills. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must possess excellent problem-solving ability, as well as demonstrating effective conflict resolution skills. Must have the ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships. Must be able to read and write English. Demonstrate excellent attendance and punctuality
- Current Driver's license and driving record that meets OHSU's driving requirements.
- Compliance with Code of Conduct, Respect in the workplace and Applicable policies, procedures and agreements related to position, department or OHSU as a whole
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- One year experience in Transportation Industry and customer service position. One year in health care environment.
- CDL with Passenger and Hazardous Materials Endorsement
- Shifts may vary. Day shift hours are 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Swing shift hours are 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM.
- This position reports at the Recycling Center but includes traveling throught the entire OHSU campus in the Greater Portland Metro Area
- Frequent Exposure: Heat, Cold, Humidity, Wet Areas, Noise, Dust, Smoke, Vibration, Chemical Solutions, Slippery Areas, Uneven Surface
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs. without the use of a mechanical device, occasionally lift and move equipment weighing in excess of 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to lift 60 lb hand truck from ground level into vehicle repetitively throughout work shift.
- Ability to traverse flat, uneven and/or steep terrain and slopes, frequently while manually controlling large and heavy loads in motion using non-motorized equipment.
- There is driving of OHSU owned/leased vehicles.
- Continually: Walking, Enter/Exit Vehicle, Rapid-Mental/Hand/Eye Coordination, Operation of Motor Vehicles
- Frequently: Standing, Bending Forward, Lifting, Carry Items, Use of materials handling equipment (i.e. pallet jack, carts and hand trucks)
- Clear & Audible Speaking Voice, Correctable Vision, Depth Perception, Ability to Hear.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.